Welcome to the Attachment Parents' Village Calgary Facebook Group. We want this forum to offer a welcoming, friendly, supportive community for AP parents. Our online groups run under the umbrella of the Attachment Parents' Village Calgary Society (APVC) which is a registered not-for-profit society in the Province of Alberta.
Facebook group access is not contingent on society membership status. A person's continued permission to participate in our Facebook groups is based solely on adherence to this User Agreement. Society members and non-members alike may have their access removed in the event of User Agreement infraction. APVC reserves the right to determine what constitutes an infraction that results in the removal of a post or a user from the Facebook group(s).
- APVC is a community of parents who offer each other support, compassion, and acceptance. This group exists primarily to support our members in their parenting journey.
- We advocate non-violent, respectful communication principles in our homes and users are required to do the same within this group.
- Remember, basic courtesy makes any community a safer and happier place to be.
- If there is something you do not wish to learn about, read, or look at, - skip it. This is not a debate group. If you wish to express an opposing point of view you must do so diplomatically and respectfully.
- Members are required to keep conversations civil and on topic, to uphold the integrity of the APVC and be respectful of the diversity of the community.
- Be cautious in posting information of a personal nature or anything that might create legal concerns for you or others. APVC is obligated to take appropriate action if abuse or harassment is suspected.
Warnings and Bans:
Adherence to the User Agreement helps to keep our community safe for all users. For violations one through seven, users will be immediately removed from the Facebook group.
For violations eight through twenty, the following rules apply:
- The first infraction against the User Agreement will result in a written warning.
- The second infraction will result in a one week ban from the Facebook group.
- The third infraction will result in a 30-day ban from the Facebook group.
- The fourth infraction will result in a one-year ban from the Facebook group.
If after one year, the user would like to reapply to join the discussion group, they may do so after consideration of the case with the Moderation Committee. Reapplying to join after the end of a one-year ban does not guarantee admission into the discussion group.
Note that warnings and bans do not expire.
Membership and Posting Rules:
Accounts, settings and graphic content:
NOTE: Users who violate rules in this section (rules one through seven) will be immediately removed from the Facebook group without warning.
1. We only allow one Facebook profile per person.
2. Your Facebook privacy settings must allow for private messaging (PM) by strangers or you must friend the APVC moderator account (Suzie Smith) so that the moderators can send you PMs if required.
3. You may not block any of the administrators’ accounts.
4. Members may not use their business or product names as a username.
5. Members may not post spam or advertising in the discussion group.
6. This is a family friendly forum. You may not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false, defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, racist, obscene, profane, sexually explicit, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violates any law. We reserve the right to delete any message that in our sole opinion falls in these categories.
7. You may not post profane or sexually explicit text or link to sexually graphic images. Discussions of a sexual nature should be within the realm of topics inherent to APVC discussions such as sex after delivery, sex and the family bed, etc.
Advertising, Selling, Business Promotion, and Events:
8. Advertising, selling, or giving away goods or services, in the APVC Facebook Group is strictly prohibited. This includes anything which you may personally gain from as well as fundraisers, contests, sales, giveaways, etc. You also may not promote any event, sale, giveaway, contest, course, or fundraiser for any other entity including friends, family, and organizations. This includes posts that could be perceived as subtle advertising by asking for advice on providing the service - for example, asking what you should charge for your new dayhome, asking for business name suggestions, or soliciting opinions of price point for a used item you will be listing for sale. If you feel it would benefit our members and would like APVC to endorse it you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain approval. The exception to this rule is personal, free get-togethers that may be posted once to the wall as per rule #9. APVC's (and their community f partners') sales and fundraising events information may be posted by members of the Board of Directors, moderators, and designated members. There is a Marketplace group that exists for paid members of the society to utilize. Please visit our member page to find out how to become a member.
9. Posts that are in search of ("ISO") used/refurbished goods, multi-level marketing (mlm) products (Young Living Oils, Jamberry Nails, Scentsy, etc), or childcare are not permitted on the main board and must be instead solicited in the marketplace.
10. If a person has requested information specifically related to a business or service you offer you may post in the thread letting them know you have a related business or service and link your website or ask them to send you a PM. All PMs must be initiated by the requester and not the service provider, no exceptions. You may not indirectly link your business to a post that does not specifically ask for your product, even if you believe it will help, although you may suggest the solution in general (i.e. you may not suggest that someone buy your essential oils if someone asks how to help a fussy baby, but you may suggest that oils could help without indicating that you sell that product. Saying "PM me if you want more info" qualifies as solicitation if you sell the product you are recommending. If the poster further asks where to obtain oils, at that point you could link to your site and/or request that they PM you.)
11. The only people who may create Facebook events under the APVC group are board members, admins, and members authorized to do so. Do not create an event directly through this page. If you would like to host an event and invite APVC members, you may create a personal event (not an event for your business) through your own Facebook account, and post it once to the APVC wall.
Photos, Sharing and Links:
12. Pictures of any part of the body where abnormalities or medical issues are highlighted must be contained in the comments of a thread only, with an appropriate warning of the nature of the post in the original post. In accordance with Facebook's policies and procedures, pictures of genitalia, breasts, feces, vomit, urine or vaginal/penile discharge are strictly prohibited. If you have a question of this nature, provide a description only. If picture sharing becomes necessary, it must be done via PM to individual members who have stated their willingness to help. Breastfeeding pictures are not included in any of these restrictions and are always welcome on our forums. Links to videos or content (blogs, articles, etc) that could be considered controversial (examples include: circumcision, vaccinations, sexual content) need to be contained within the comments of a post with an appropriate warning in the original post and with the preview of the content removed. These links must also in no way violate rules #6 or #7. Health advice is best sought from professionals.
13. Sharing content from our group outside the APVC Facebook groups is strictly prohibited, unless explicit consent is given by the original creator of the content. This rule does not overwrite copyright laws.
14. Members should not post copyrighted material and/or anything of illegal nature of any sort including methods for circumvention of copy-protected material. If you are posting your own copyright material, do include your copyright statement on the document.
15. Treat others as you would like to be treated. No personal attacks are allowed. Personal attacks include but are not limited to: belittling, name-calling, shaming, and mocking. It is also not acceptable to make generalized statements about a practice that you do not agree with - for instance, you cannot call someone stupid/irresponsible/ridiculous, etc, you cannot say that their statement was stupid nor can you call the practice as a whole stupid. It is the sole discretion of the APVC moderators whether a comment or post qualifies as an attack.
16. APVC is strictly against physical punishment and practices that are in direct contradiction to the tenets of Attachment Parenting. Examples of these practices include: Cry-It-Out, Spanking, Biting and Flicking, Shaming, and (punitive) Time-Outs. You may not post any comment or thread in support of any of these practices. More details can be found at our hot topics page.
17. In order to maintain and respect the integrity of our own and other communities, do not negatively discuss other communities or discussions elsewhere (this includes blog comments), regardless of whether or not you link to that discussion or community.
18. In order to maintain and respect the integrity of our own community, threads or comments posted with the intention of casting APVC in a negative light are strictly prohibited. This includes posts that intend to criticize the operation or membership of any Facebook forum (including closing commenting for posts under review by moderation), playgroups or events, the User Agreement, the moderators and/or the Board of Directors. There is an appropriate process to provide constructive feedback to APVC, which can be found at the bottom of the User Agreement (see "complaint resolution.")
19. Do not post or start a thread to discuss member behaviour or statements of members made in other threads or to criticize another discussion on the groups, even if only in passing. Do not post to a thread to take direct issue with a member. If you feel a member has posted or behaved inappropriately in a discussion, communicate directly with the moderators or Board of Directors privately and refrain from potentially defaming discussions in a thread. (see "reporting violations")
20. Threads or comments posted announcing one’s departure from the APVC Facebook Group with express or implied animosity towards APVC, its Board of Directors, members, or moderators are strictly prohibited. The moderators have the right to remove such posts at their discretion. Should a member choose to return to APVC after making such a post, they are welcome to do so after a 90 day cooling off period. Any pre-existing warnings or bans will remain in place.
Back to top
Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable or contrary to our user agreement is encouraged to contact us by selecting the arrow on the top right hand side of the post and selecting "report to admin." Alternatively, you may PM the APVC moderators' account (Suzie Smith) to voice your concern and provide more detail if necessary. If upon review we determine that removal is necessary, we will make every effort to remove objectionable posts within a reasonable time frame. If a thread is being reviewed the moderation team they will close commenting to allow time for review. Moderators will send a PM or e-mail to any member who has violated the guidelines and/or rules and ask them to edit their post. Should the violation be severe or the member is unwilling to reword the post, the moderator may elect to delete the post.
Once a violation in a thread has been addressed and returned for discussion, the moderator will post a notice that further violations within the thread could result in closure and/or removal. In the event of another violation, the moderator will delete the thread. All incidents, warnings, strikes, suspensions, and bans will be tracked by the moderators and/or the Board representatives on the moderator group.
We reserve the right to delete any post or to remove a user from the discussion group at any time.
Concerns about a thread made on any of our Facebook forums should be reported directly to the APVC moderators by selecting the arrow on the top right hand side of the post and selecting "report to admin." Alternatively, you may PM the APVC moderators' account (Suzie Smith) to voice your concern and provide more detail if necessary. Questions of clarification on the user agreement should also be brought to the moderators via PM.
Should a conflict between two members arise on the APVC Facebook group and the members are unable to come to a resolution on their own, the members will be invited to participate in a face-to-face meeting with the Director of Moderation. If this meeting does not result in a resolution, the members will be invited to participate in a mediation process.
Concerns, constructive criticism and questions of clarification regarding the operation of APVC as a society, events, playgroups, member conduct, moderator actions and/or conduct, and Board of Director conduct (in their position as a Board member) should be addressed directly to the Board of Directors at email@example.com .
APVC reserves the right to change this user agreement as necessary to meet any future needs that may arise. It is our customary procedure to submit revised rules and guidelines to the forum members for a one week comment period prior to adoption. Comments should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you object to a group policy, warning, ban or suspension, send the APVC moderators (Suzie Smith) a PM to discuss the situation with the moderators as a first step. If this does not resolve the situation, please bring your issue to the Board of Directors by e-mailing email@example.com .
Due to the volume and frequency of posts, we cannot actively monitor all posts and we cannot always monitor in real-time. The posts express the views of the author of the posts, not necessarily the views of APVC. As a member you remain solely responsible for the content of your messages and behaviour, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless APVC and their agents with respect to any claim based upon messages.
The opinions offered at APVC's Facebook group are for informational purposes only. Using the advice and comments offered in the APVC Facebook group is undertaken at your discretion and responsibility. Should you decide to follow all or part of the advice or comments provided on this site, you do so entirely at your own risk, and by voluntarily undertaking such risk, you hereby release APVC from any and all claims, actions, damages, obligations or liabilities based upon any acts or omissions in connection with the advice and information provided.
Members of the APVC Facebook Group agree not to hold the Board of Directors responsible for things other users post or do. The APVC Board of Directors does not guarantee the accuracy of postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what is being offered for sale. The APVC Board of Directors is not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of the APVC Facebook Group.